Tuesday, July 05, 2005

LE TOUR

If you’ve been checking in regularly over the weekend, I apologize for not updating my blog. It’s just very hard to find time at home to post an entry.

Yesterday I had thoughts of going to watch the local 5 mile 4th of July race. But then I started watching the “le tour” instead. I’m sure I didn’t miss much. Last year I ran 31:22 for 9th overall and first in my age group. The first 5 people were 18 years old or less. A 45 year old guy beat me, as well as an 18 year old woman, who’s a D3 all-American – gotta throw that in there.

I ended up spending most of the day playing with my kids and never “got around” to running yesterday. That’s not the best way to get consistent like I’ve been telling myself I need to do.

I’m happy to report that today I set my alarm for 5:20 and I actually got up. I went for an easy 5 miles before work. I was also able to make it out over lunch time for another 5 miles. This time I gradually picked up the pace every 10 minutes or so. It was an out and back route and I ran 20:40/19:05.

Normally I run with my team on Tuesday’s. However, I decided to get my runs in early today because I want to watch the team time trial tonight. I followed last year’s tour fairly closely on-line, but didn’t get to watch any of it. This year we have OLN, so I plan on watching as much as possible. While some of the stages can be rather boring, I find the team time trial to be fascinating.

No comments: