Wednesday, July 06, 2005

FIRST HALF

I was able to get up at 5:20 for the second day in a row. 59 degrees was almost chilly when I took Bailey for a walk/jog. One of the reasons I like to run a mile with Bailey (before driving across town to work) is that it helps wake up my body and I’m able to go to the bathroom before my main run. Today I “took care of business” at home, but apparently it wasn’t enough. With about a mile to go, I actually had to walk for a minute to let the sensation pass. After that I was able to jog very slowly to the coffee shop where I park and relieve myself (again). I managed a very easy 6 miles for the day.

At the start of the year, I penciled in 3,000 miles as a goal. My calendar year PR (set in 2004) is 2,754 and the most I could find for any 12-month stretch (June 2004-May 2005) is 3,119. Through the first 6 months of the year I managed 1,540 miles. Since that included a measly 102 miles in June due to my injury/taper and recovery, I’m pretty confident (as long as I stay somewhat healthy) that I’ll be able to reach 3,000.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I can help you cover a few of those miles. I have to fill in "up there" for a short while. I'm coming in on July 19th and flying back on the 21st. Maybe a run on the eve of the 20th? Have to see when the boss is flying out. I'm staying at the Fairfield Inn in Bloomington. I think you picked me up there one time.

Chad said...

That'd be awesome. If you're available on the 19th (6:30 PM) you could join my team for a track workout. If not, the 20th would be fine too.

Yeah, the Fairfield Inn is about 10 minutes from our house.

Keep me posted.

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested in hitting the track. Six-thirty might work. I'll need a phone number to call you. My work email is: david_dehart@ici.com