Monday, July 25, 2005

2001 VS. 2005

In 2001 I ran Grandma’s in 3:02:56 (6:59 pace). My next race was the Lumberjack Days 10 miler where I ran 1:09:06 (6:54 pace). That fall I ran TCM in 3:00:55 (6:55 pace). So I guess I don’t feel so bad for running so slow yesterday. Besides I can name 3 people off the top of my head whose 10 mile pace was within +/- 5 seconds of their Grandma’s pace.

Since yesterday’s race (and wine drinking) took time away from my family, I took Kinsey to see Madagascar this afternoon. She loved it (it was only her second movie in a theater, ever). I thought it was just okay. It was no Toy Story, Shrek or The Incredibles.

After we got back I decided to go for a very easy, short (5 miles) run. The weather seemed a little better than in the morning. I just wanted to get it out of the way rather than wait till this evening. Some times I have a tendency to talk myself out of a run if I wait too long – especially the day after a race.

No comments: