Saturday, July 09, 2005

7 OR 8

I decided to head out for an easy run around 9 this morning to help beat the heat a little. Kinsey said she wanted to come. Katie’s at the age where she usually wants to do what everyone else is doing. Given that I only have a single baby jogger (which is a good thing – I don’t think I could push both of them at the same time) they had to take turns.

I took Katie out for 20 minutes before dropping her off at home and taking Kinsey for 40 minutes (not counting the 2 stops to pick flowers for mommy). This is on of those runs that could have gone either way. I could have called it 8 miles at 7:30 pace (based on the effort, not the actual pace) or 7 miles at 8:30 pace. For no particular reason, I chose the latter. Maybe it was a subconscious decision based on the fact that 7 miles would give me exactly 10 more miles than last week, 47 vs. 37.

My wonderful mother-in-law (who doesn’t meet any of the typical mother-in-law stereotypes) volunteered to watch the girls this afternoon while Amy and I went to a movie. I can’t remember the last movie we went to, it’s been so long. We ended up going to Cinderella Man. We both really liked it – mainly because we didn’t know the story or what to expect.

No comments: