Tuesday, July 26, 2005

HAPPY BRRRTHDAY

Happy Birthday to Katie!!! A.K.A., the cutest 2 year old in the world. Man, I can’t believe she’s 2 already. She opened presents from us tonight, but we’re having her party this Saturday.

The Brrr in the title refers to the 20 degree cooler temps than last week’s workout. It’s amazing what those cooler temps (65-70) do to running times. I felt awesome last night – by far the best I’ve felt since Grandma’s. We did a similar workout to last Tuesday, the only difference being three mile repeats instead of two. So we did a 10 minute warm-up, 20 minutes of hill repeats, 10 minutes back to the track and then 3 x 1 mile with about 3 minutes rest. Last week I ran close to 10 mile race pace (6:22 and 6:26). This week I decided to stop “screwing around” and ran 5:58, 5:56 and 5:55. I figure Whistle Stop is 12 weeks away and I need to get serious. I’m not positive I’ll do it, but I know if I don’t get serious, there’s no way I’ll run it.

The "1979 vs. today" thread that I mentioned yesterday also has me fired up. These guys had “no idea” what they were doing, scientifically speaking. They just ran A LOT and they ran HARD. Here’s another “Old School” article on Minnesota studs, Ron Daws and Steve Hoag, if you like that sort of stuff.

No comments: