Wednesday, March 02, 2005

WELCOME

No, my name is not Simon and it’s not Zeke either. “Simon says Run” comes from a college roommate of mine. His dream is to open a running store someday and he asked my thought on names. Since he named his son Simon, I came up with “Simon says Run.” I thought it’d be a good name for this blog too, since the creation of this blog is spur of the moment and I had to come up with a name while registering. Zeke is actual a pen name I use when posting on running message boards. That comes from my boyhood idol, Isiah Thomas – it is his nickname. I actually started using it while I was in the Navy. My job involved communications and typing messages to other ships. At first I used my initials, CA, but everyone kept asking me if I was from California. Yea, like that’d be so original. So that’s where and how Zeke came about. However, no one calls me Zeke, really, just a few people I’ve met through message boards.

Anyway, back to the blog. Two months ago I probably couldn’t tell you what a blog was. However, one day I was surfing Beck's Cognitive Emesis www.kemibe.com and I came across Alison's blog www.eliterunning.com/alison/. While reading her blog I kept coming across entries that sounded if I had written them (except for all the elliptical training she does). So I thought I’d give this a shot. It could be fun and entertaining, it could suck. There’s only one way to find out.

No comments: