Thursday, March 31, 2005

MARCH IN REVIEW

I don’t really have anything to exciting to report for my last 2 runss in March. Yesterday I waited until the evening to run and then I just hopped on the treadmill for an easy 7 miles.

While I was walking the dog this morning I talked myself into running on the treadmill again. It was 40 degrees, but the winds were 15-20 mph and I didn’t feel like dealing with them. So, call me a wimp. I was supposed to be 10-11 miles with the middle 6-7 at an up-tempo pace. I’ve been trying to run the max distance each day, but today I wasn’t really into the run. 7:00 pace was feeling “too difficult” so I only did 6 miles at that pace and 10 miles total.

I had a really good March. I ran every day and finished with 316 miles. That’s only the 3rd time I’ve ever been over 300 miles in a month. One thing that stands out is that I did this on 33 runs, averaging 9.6 miles per run. The other 2 times I was over 300 miles I ran 323 miles (January 2002) on 36 runs (9.0 miles per run) and 314 miles (January 2005) on 43 runs (7.3 miles per run).

On to April…

No comments: