Friday, April 01, 2005

$205 LATER

April Fool’s Day consisted of an easy 7 miles with some strides thrown in at the end – nothing spectacular.

During my lunch break I drove to Gear West (http://www.gearwest.com/) to pick up some energy gel for my Grandma’s Marathon training. $205 later, I left with a running jacket that I didn’t need (but it was 40% off), a $40 (ouch) pair of Nike shorts that I like because they have a zipper pocket in the back that’s just the right size for a gel flask, a pair of Nike Skylons that I plan on wearing for Grandma’s and some Hammergel. I just bought some Skylons (my first pair ever) a couple of months ago, but they’re ½ size too big - fine to train with, but I want a little snugger fit for the marathon. I also have some gels from Road Runner Sports (http://www.roadrunnersports.com/) that my parents got for me at Christmas time, but I wanted to try Hammergel this time around. I’ve used it in the past, but have never raced with it. I remember it being a lot thinner than other gels, that’s why I made a special trip to buy some. Well I tried some when I got home and it was thick like all the other gels. So, I don’t know if they changed the formula or what. I guess I could add a little water to thin it out.

No comments: