Saturday, March 26, 2005

TRAINING, TRAINING, TRAINING...

Off-site training for work that is. That makes it hard for me to update my blog. Hard to believe it’s been a week since my last post. Where does the time go?

Here’s a summary of my week. Monday I ran an easy 7 just to shake the legs out after my race. I didn’t really feel any soreness – it probably helped that I didn’t wear my ultra light racing flats for the 8k since it was my first race of the year. Tuesday I ran with my team and did 12 miles with hills. I felt surprisingly good, given that my race was only 2 days ago. Wednesday was another easy 7 miles. Thursday was a double day with 5 easy miles in the morning and a harder 11 in the evening. I decided to run my second run on the treadmill, so I could watch the NCAA tourney again. I warmed up for 1.5 miles then ran 8 miles in just under 54 minutes (6:45 pace), followed by a 1.5 mile cool down. Friday morning I did an easy 7 with strides on tired legs. Saturday was another run with my team and ended up being my longest run in 10 weeks. While the triathletes ran 90 minutes, I ended up going 19 miles with a few hills thrown in. My legs weren’t as tired as yesterday, but they just felt flat. So I kept the pace easy and ran at the back of the pack. Seems like a lot of the group was tired, especially the people that raced last weekend.

I ended the week with 81 miles on 8 runs. I’ve probably only been over 80 miles about 10 times in my life. I can remember my first few times over 80, it was a big deal and I’d be really tired and worried about getting injured. Now I’m feeling really strong and just think of it as another solid week.

No comments: