Sunday, March 13, 2005

TOUGH OR STUPID?

Well I survived another night out on the town. It started out with a tour of the greatest brewery around, http://www.leinie.com/. It turns out the Head Brew Master is the uncle of my friend’s wife. Since our tour was at the end of the day, afterwards he joined us for a few samples. Pretty cool! While we were at the brewery, winter reared its ugly head. Snow, wind and cold temps turned the roads into glare ice, making our 20 minute drive back to town into a 45 minute drive. The good news is that we got some bad info regarding spring break. The “kids” were in town. Up until about 10 PM we weren’t so sure, then they started coming out in droves. Us old-timers nearly went to bed at 10 but ended up making it to 1:30. That’s not bar-time, but not bad for a bunch of 30-somethings.

Back at the hotel I set my alarm for 6:30. Surprisingly, I was wide awake at 6:10. I got up showered and hit the road, while my friends slept in. I’m sure they think I’m crazy for getting up so early “just” to go back for a run. My team meets at 9, but they only run for 90 minutes. Since I had 17 planned I got there about 45 minutes early in order get some miles under my belt and warm up. Did I mention it was 13 degrees? What the hell, it’s the middle of March. Let’s go with the warmer temps already!!!

It’s not surprise I didn’t feel awesome today. I just wanted to make it 17 miles and get home. I figured I could get a nap in because my oldest daughter was going to a play with her grandma, then spending the night at her house. Sure enough I survived the run and was able to get in a 90 minute nap. On top of that I was able to get 10 hours of sleep. Now I just need to stop staying up so late.

No comments: