Tuesday, May 10, 2005

MORE RECOVERY

Bailey was more squirrelly than normal this morning. She was up at 4:30 “asking” to be fed. If I don’t feed her, she goes over to my wife and whimpers. I didn’t want her to wake Amy up, so I got up and fed her. I thought about going for an easy morning run to help bump my mileage a little, since Sunday and Monday were low. Then I thought “30k is a long way, I need to recover” and I went back to bed till 6.

Our group met at the Lake Harriet Bandshell tonight. Located in Minneapolis, it’s the southern most lake that’s part of a chain that includes Cedar Lake, Lake of the Isles, Lake Calhoun and Lake Harriet. As you can imagine, these lakes are a popular place to run, bike, rollerblade, walk, etc. They are also the site of numerous races throughout the year and also part of the reason that the Twin Cities Marathon is known as “the most beautiful urban marathon.”

We stayed around Lake Harriet for awhile before heading down Minnehaha Parkway, which is also part of the TCM course. I think this was supposed to be a hill workout, but it wasn’t very hilly. I didn’t mind at all since my legs still felt tried from Saturday. I’m not sore at all, just a little tired. I kept the pace easy for the entire 73 minutes, which I called 9 miles.

No comments: