Thursday, May 12, 2005

I'LL ADMIT IT

Okay, I’ll admit it, I own a pair of these. I like adidas and I like light weight trainers, so I thought “what the heck.” Given some of the comments and looks I’ve gotten since buying them (I shouldn’t be surprised) I think they’re better suited for early morning runs (especially in the winter, in the dark) or treadmill runs in my basement. That being said, I decided to wear them last night for my workout.

To be honest, when I saw last night’s workout (3 mile warm-up, 6 continuous miles at 6:45, 6:15, 6:00, 6:15, 6:00, 6:15, 2 mile cool-down) I thought it was going to be too hard. I ran on the treadmill and just decided to go for it, if it was too hard, I’d just back off. It turned out to be a great workout. The 6:45 seemed very easy, 6:15s were controlled and the 6:00s were comfortably hard. Actually, the 2nd and 3rd 6:15s, after running 6:00, seemed like a jog. Next week I’ll probably run a similar workout on a track, just to see the difference between that and my treadmill.

No comments: