Thursday, May 26, 2005

CRUISE INTERVALS

Somewhere along the line I migrated my Thursday morning runs to the evening. It probably has to do with 1) the “nicer” (and I use that term VERY loosely) weather and 2) switching from “up-tempo” runs to “pace” runs. Anyway, this migration was never really communicated to my wife. So when she said she wanted to run some errands after the kids went to bed, I was “forced” to run on the treadmill. It wasn’t a big deal. Speed workouts on the treadmill seem to go by really quickly. Plus I got to watch the Twins beat the Indians in 11 innings. The 3rd consecutive extra innings game between the two teams.

Jack Daniels would probably call tonight’s workout Cruise Intervals; 6 x 1 mile at more of a tempo pace, with a quarter mile jog. Since I’ve already mentioned that my treadmill is not calibrated correctly, my times don’t really matter. I basically ran between 6:00 and 6:10 with 1:45-1:50 jog. With warm-up and cool-down I got in 11 miles in 75 minutes. Next Tuesday I’m supposed to do this same workout on the track with my team. So I’ll see how much harder that will be.

No comments: