Saturday, May 28, 2005

3 WEEKS TO GO

Today's run was supposed to include a 4 mile warm-up, then 10 miles of progressively faster running - dropping the pace from 7:15 to 6:30 before cooling down for 3 miles. I thought about running a local 10 mile race for this workout, but decided to save my money and run with my training group.

Looking back, if I was really concerned with the specifics of this workout, I should have run the race. The group met at 9:30, but since they were only going 90 minutes, I started at 8:45 then joined them. Well that basically meant I did a 4 mile warmup and 1 faster mile by myself. Then I joined the group I ran another 4 miles before picking the pace back up for 45 minutes. I have no idea how fast I was going. It better have been sub-6:45 pace. I finished with a 10 minute cool-down and called it 17 miles. I believe that gives 71 for the week. That'll drop by about 10 mpw during each of the last 3 weeks leading up to Grandma's.

At first I was a little bummed that this workout didn't go like it was suppose to. However, given Tuesday's hard hills, Thursday's mile repeats and the fact that my race is 3 weeks away, 17 miles with 8 miles at sub-7 pace is probably "enough."

No comments: