Friday, May 27, 2005

DRILLED & FILLED

For some reason I don’t really mind going to the dentist. I was there about a month ago to get a crown on a molar that chipped. While “digging around” my dentist discovered a cavity where I already had a filling. Now when your cavities start getting cavities, you know you’re in trouble. Actually, I haven’t had a cavity for probably 20 years. But I guess when you have as many filling as I do; there aren’t many teeth left that can get a cavity. Anyway, I got this cavity filled this morning. I like to practice my relaxation skills while I’m in The Chair. I figure if I can relax there, I can relax anywhere – even during a marathon.

Watching the weather this morning they said the National Weather Service predicts below average temps for Minnesota during the next 3 months – based on trends. I don’t care about 3 months from now, just as long as it’s cool 3 weeks from now. I’m not sure if today is any indication of conditions at Grandma’s, but the high in Duluth is supposed to be 45 degrees. It’s May 27th and I ran 5 miles over my lunch break in shorts and a long sleeve shirt. 3 minutes into my run it started to rain. It didn’t last long. 30 minutes later it was sunny. I wish it'd make up it's mind.

Yesterday I did my good deed for the day, hooking Chelle up with a room in Duluth. As my friend Mary said, “If I were in a bind, I’d want someone to help me.” And so we did. The last time I ran Grandma’s, I met “Doc” whom I’d only previously known through a message board. He’s a great guy. I had dinner with his family Friday night, then Saturday we ended up running next to each other, which was unplanned, for about half the race. We both went on to PR. I predict more of the same this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate going to the dentist so much that I didn't even like reading about your visit.

I did want to say thanks for taking good care of Chelle, though :-) I'm glad you helped her out... All of her fans appreciate it!

Chad said...

I didn't even go to any details. :-)

Wow, I didn't know Chelle had a fan club.

Chelle said...

I didn't know I had a fan club either. Cool!