Tuesday, May 17, 2005

HILL REPEATS

Tonight my team met at Minnehaha Falls for a hill workout. So far our hill workouts have been running a hill 1 or 2 times and then running on flats for awhile before finding another hill to climb once or twice. Last night was pure hill repeats. We started with a hill that I didn’t even know existed. It went from the River Road, under the Ford Parkway Bridge down to the locks. It’s the hardest hill I’ve run with the team and we did it 5 times. Then we jogged closer to the Minnehaha Creek and did 4 repeats of a longer, more gradual hill. Afterwards we jogged over to one of the VA buildings and did an even longer, even more gradual hill 3 times. To be honest, I wouldn’t have even called the last one a hill.

It was weird because Jenna wasn’t there tonight. She’s probably staying on the flats after her half marathon last Saturday. Daniel looked really strong. I hung with him for the first 3 repeats, but after that I “let” him go. My legs didn’t feel that bad, but they weren’t their freshest either. Overall we ran for 74 minutes, which I called 10 miles.

No comments: