Sunday, August 21, 2005

POST-RACE ANALYSIS

Guidant photos can be found here. Does anyone look more pissed off than Sylvia Mosqueda (#7)?

Congrats to coach Matt who completed the Double (half marathon accent on Saturday, full marathon, accent and decent, on Sunday) at Pikes Peak Marathon. Matt was 37th in the half, 46th in the marathon and 6th overall in the Double (the first non-Colorado runner).

I did a little post-race analysis today. I ran a 5k on Memorial Day last year on the same course as Saturday’s race. That day I ran 18:39 (5:54, 6:04, 6:02, :39) compared to yesterday’s 18:48 (5:55, 6:02, 6:10, :41). You can see the difference is all in the last 1.1 miles. 8 weeks from last year’s race I had one of my best races of the summer 23:22 for 4 miles. Looking at the calendar, I see there are about 10 good weekends of racing before the season winds down. I came up with a list of three 5Ks, three 10Ks and a 5 miler that I’d like to run. I sent an email to Matt, we’ll see what he thinks once he gets back from Colorado.

We had beautiful weather today. Even in the “heat of the day” it was 70 degrees and sunny with a little breeze. In the afternoon I went out for a nice 8 mile trail run. My legs were a little heavy, but everything felt in-tact.

My wife got groceries today. The milk she bought has an expiration date of September 7th. I thought it was really weird seeing “September” written on the carton.

No comments: