Friday, August 19, 2005

FAIR?

Taking the last 2 days off seems to have done “wonders” for my body. I went out for 5 miles over lunch and the only time I felt my pulled muscle was after stopping for a bathroom break. It was a little tender once I started running again, but quickly loosened up. My arch continues to improve. I could feel it a little, but had I not had any prior pain, I wouldn’t even be mentioning it.

Before I forget to mention it for the third time, the worst thing about taking those 3 days off while I was on vacation is that the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Early morning runs WOULD HAVE been run in temps around 55-60 degrees. So after spending all summer complaining about the weather, I failed to take advantage of the best weather yet.

A few months ago the Twin Cities Marathon committee got their asses chewed out for announcing they were going to offer American-only prize money. Due to the pressure, they’ve since back-pedaled from that decision. How then, is it okay for Minneapolis race to offer $31,000 in prize money, of which $27,850 goes to women? As you can guess, there’s going to be some competition for that money. The weather for the 7:30 AM race looks to be ideal too, 60 degrees and overcast. I’m planning on going to watch. If I feel up to it I may run the 5k at 9:00.

No comments: