Thursday, August 11, 2005

4,000 ACHES

Nothing too exciting happened during yesterday’s 5 mile easy run, so I thought I’d just make one entry. Today was another easy 5 miles. Normally this would be a 10-11 mile day with some pace work, however I thought I’d take 2 easy days in a row to help recover from Sunday's race and Tuesday's hills. Besides, we going to be out of town this weekend, so there’s no way I’m going to get in 18 on Saturday and 12 on Sunday. Instead, I’m taking tomorrow off from work too, so I can get in a longer run.

Today’s run took about 43 minutes and I figure I average close to 90 steps (per foot) per minute, so that equals nearly 4,000 aches in my left arch. About 2 minutes into the run I had thoughts of turning around. But you know us runners, “I have to get my miles in.” I’ve never had plantar fasciitis and I’m not sure if that’s what I have or if it’s just a bruise. I’ve had success using The Sock in the past for Achilles tendonitis. I may have to strap it on tonight to see if it helps.

No comments: