Wednesday, August 31, 2005

MORE REPEATS

I had my fantasy football draft last night. I’m the commissioner of the league and volunteered to have the draft at my house. Since my girls would be in bed, I had the draft in the basement. There’s only one problem, my computer is on the main level. That meant I had to run back and forth after every 2-3 picks in order to load them into the website because I had 3 people drafting online. So 5 trips per round, times 16 rounds equals 80 flights of stair repeats. Luckily I could sit about halfway up, so I only had about 10 stairs to climb. But still, 80 x 10 = 800 stairs after doing 6 x 800s in the morning makes for a long day.

I thought I drafted an awesome team, especially since I was 10th in a 10-team league. I have a Super Secret website that’s better than any magazine you can buy. Of course, the “good stuff” on the Super Secret website is by subscription, but it’s worth it.

With 2 races coming up this weekend (Buckshot (college alumni) 5 miler on Saturday and Victory 10k on Monday and with yesterday’s workouts, I thought today would be a good day to take off. That means I closed out August with a “whopping” 181 miles. In the last 22 months, I’ve only been below that total 3 times. 2 of those were due to marathon tapers/recoveries and the other was after a long summer of racing last year. More disturbing may be the 9 days off I took off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - Now I want to know who you got on your Fantasy Team. The league I'm in is headed by my 14 year old son. It's him, 9 of his freshmen buddies, and me and one other dad. We had our draft for our 12 team league 4 weeks ago(!?) and I thought I did pretty well. My team was:

Priest, Deuce and JJ Arrington for backs, Nate B, Joe Horn and Derrick Mason for receivers, Jake Delhomme and Drew Brees for QB, Carolina's D, Bubba Franks and Jermaine Wiggins @ TE, and David Akers for K. I also have Randall El as a back-up WR.

Let the Games Begin!

Chad said...

It's not so much that my team is awesome, but compared to the other guys it seems solid. I drafted 10th, so I don't have any super studs. Actually we have a lot of the same players;

QB Brees and Harrington
RB Dominique Davis, Julius Jones, Thomas Jones, Dunn, Arrington
WR Horn, Wayne, Jimmy and Rod Smith, Moulds
TE Cooley
PK Stover, Graham
Def Bucs

I think you have solid RBs, which is a big key in 12 team leagues.