Wednesday, August 03, 2005

MAKING ME LOOK GOOD

I was right. Staying up till 11 last night and getting up at 6 this morning made me really tired. I decided to take the day off because of it and a couple of other reasons;

Today is supposed to be the last hot/humid day for awhile.
I want to make tomorrow’s hard day, hard.
My workouts tend to go well when I run an easy AM run that same day.
So instead of running 5 today and 8-10 tomorrow, I thought I’d take today off and double up tomorrow.

So that’s my reasoning.

My neighbor is a workaholic. He thinks about work more than I think about running. He just took a new job because he wouldn’t have to be on call during the weekends and he’d be on more of a “standard” schedule. I was a little surprised when Amy told me his wife’s upset with him for working too many hours. She said one night he didn’t get home till 9:30 and then he woke up at 3:30 to go back to the office. I guess I don’t feel so bad about spending “so much” time running now. Compared to Todd, I look good.

No comments: