Thursday, June 02, 2005

WORRYING FOR NO REASON

I decided to take yesterday off too, just to rest my left foot. Tonight I was scheduled to run another 3 x 2 mile workout. The paces were supposed to be 6:15, 6:00 and 6:15. I knew those were a little fast, so I spent the day at work thinking about what pace I wanted to run. I also kicked around the idea of running 2 x 3 miles – just to mix up the workout a little.

It turns out I was worrying for no reason. 10 steps into my run and I could feel the pain shooting in my arch. I turned around and changed into a wider shoe and tried again with the same results. So I went back home, took some ibuprofen and iced my foot.

What’s weird is that it felt better when I walked around the office. But as soon as I started to run, I knew I needed to take this thing seriously. It’s not like one of the “phantom” injuries that seem to pop up around taper time.

No comments: