Wednesday, June 08, 2005

NO ILL SIDE-EFFECTS

I got to work this morning and the power was out due to a storm last night. While I was sitting around I took the opportunity to update my running log (the old-fashioned hand-written-type) – something I haven’t been doing since I got hurt. I figured if I didn’t focus on the time off, it wouldn’t “count.” Okay, it’d count, but it’d affect me less, mentally. Anyway, I noticed that my barefoot mile was actually run on the 19th not the 26th. Where does the time go? So maybe it’s not Nike’s fault after all. After sitting around for an hour they sent us home and told us to call back at noon to see if the power was back on. If it was, we were expected to return.

I’m in the process of re-finishing our kitchen table and chairs, so I used my free time to work on that. I was going to wait till after Grandma’s to start this project but since I haven’t been running I decided to get a jump on it. Unfortunately, the power did come back on at work, so I was only able to work on it for about 2 hours.

I’m happy to report no ill side-effects from my 10 minute run yesterday. I’m to the point where I don’t even think about it any more. Due to the injury, my coach only had me running 3 times during the last 11 days leading up to Grandma’s. I told him I was feeling a lot better and asked if I could increase that. He agreed, but obviously I need to monitor my foot closely. So I’m going try to run 3-4 miles tonight.

No comments: