Wednesday, June 29, 2005

WHAT'S THAT SMELL?

My second choice for a title today was “What time is it?” After reading, feel free to tell me which one you like better – a little inter-active blog entry for you.

Really, I tried to get up at 5:20 this morning to get my run in before work, but I couldn’t drag myself out of bed. The fact that it’s pretty slow at work and my boss is gone gave me an excuse to run at lunch, or more importantly, sleep in. It’s pretty muggy again today, but at least the rain took my mind of it.

I’ve discovered that there are no good routes near my office. Every road seems to be a busy two-lane road that either leads to construction or to a busier road. Luckily the two-lane roads have a wide shoulder. Unfortunately, they have a sharp slant to them. I guess it’s a good thing that I don’t run from work that often. I actually felt pretty good today during my easy 5 miles.

Back at my desk there was a funk in the air. I finally realized that it was my wet watch band, which is made out of hemp. I couldn’t stand it any longer and I had to take my watch off. Now I feel naked. Not as naked as I feel without my wallet in my back pocket, but pretty close.

No comments: