Monday, June 27, 2005

7-YEAR ITCH

Hard to believe, but it’s my (our) 7th wedding anniversary today. That means Amy and I have been “together” for about 10 years and have known each other for nearly 12 years. When Amy was a sophomore in college she roomed with 7 other women. I happened to be dating one of them. Amy was dating her high school sweetheart at the time, but for some reason we flirted – A LOT. Two years later we were both single and both in town for the summer and, as they say, the rest is history. Amy and my ex weren’t roommates at the times, so I’m not sure if George Castanza would consider that a roommate swap or not. There weren’t any ménage e trois involved, so I guess it doesn’t matter.

I decided to make an effort at getting back on an early morning workout schedule. I figure if I could do it in the dead of winter, I should be able to when it’s light outside. Besides, having to battle traffic twice a day is driving me crazy. Once is bad enough. Anyway, I got up at 5:20 this morning and it was already 80 degrees with a dew point of 66. I managed to make it 5 miles on my still tired legs. I blamed some of the heaviness on the weather, but I think most of it’s from the marathon.

No comments: