Monday, June 11, 2007

6 DAYS

Not a whole lot going on, which is probably a good thing, since I’m 6 days from the race. Friday was an easy 6 miles with strides. Saturday was 13 mile around the lakes. It was a nice morning, so everyone and their brother were at the lakes. That gave me 44 miles for the week. Yesterday was a day off.

This morning I ran an easy 5 miles. My legs were a little sore – probably from running alongside my daughter while she learns/learned to bike. When I ran with her last weekend, it was a slow jog. This weekend I was basically doing strides to keep up. Anyway, the good news is she can practically ride by herself now and my legs feel great just walking around the office.

Normally, I get stir-crazy during the taper and I end up starting all these manual labor projects around the house. This time around I’ve been good, limiting myself to pruning some bushes and taping off a room that we’ll paint next week.

Other than that, I’ve been resisting the urge to check the weather in Duluth. I did happen to see the local news this morning and although the high is going to be in the mid-80s here today, it’s only going to be in the mid-60s in Duluth. Let’s hope that trend continues.

Quote of the day;

“You can actually suffer a little bit more going slowly than when you’re going really fast. A faster marathon might even be easier than a slow one, in terms of what it takes out of you mentally.” – Frank Shorter

No comments: