Monday, September 26, 2005

WELLNESS WEEK RECAP

After running relatively hard on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, I decided to keep things really easy Sunday and today. I managed 5 miles each day at a pace slower than 8:30 pace. That should allow me to bounce back and be ready for a hard workout tomorrow night.

Wellness Week wrapped up on Friday, but since we could still count our minutes for Friday, final results weren’t sent out till today. We had a great team with each member “working out” (remember walking, stretching, lifting, attending seminars, etc. all counted) over 2 hours every day (we had a total of 2,085 minutes). Believe it or not, that was only good enough for 2nd place. Another team, which consisted of dock workers, was given credit for 3,420 minutes. Apparently they were allowed to count the number of minutes they loaded/unloaded trucks during the day. I’m not upset that we lost, but I am upset because that doesn’t really seem fair. Whether or not it’ll keep me from participating on a team next year, I don’t know yet. I mean, I don’t need the motivation to work out. So what’s the point? I suppose I’ve set the precedent of being on a team and now they’ll expect me to be back next year.

Oh, I biked the run course over lunch and it was very close to 2 miles. There are a lot of tangents on the course, so I’m calling it accurate, but not certified.

No comments: