Friday, September 30, 2005

SEPTEMBER RECAP

Well, our cold-snap has come and gone. It lasted one day. Not that today is hot, but after 40 degrees yesterday morning, it was 52 this morning. Temps for Sunday’s marathon keep creeping up too, plus it’s been windy lately. Again, I’m glad I’m not racing.

Call me crazy but I outlined a schedule of where I can watch Jenna and Aaron from based on ease of travel, travel time between locations (based on biking 12-15 mph) and their paces. I plan on being at the start and then seeing them at 2, 7, 11, 13.1, 17.5, 21, then probably the finish.

I closed the books on September with a 5 mile run at lunch. I’d call it a moderate run (38:30), not hard and not easy. That gave me 186 miles for the month. Since mileage is secondary this time of year, I’m not too concerned about it being so low. At least I’m a lot more consistent than I was in August, 4 days off vs. 9 days off.

I was never really able to figure out why I couldn’t post a picture of the trophy I won from last Friday’s 2 mile Wellness Race. I'll try again and see what happens.

No comments: