Wednesday, October 01, 2008

ALIGNING PERFECTLY

My legs are feeling good – I have that nice springy feel when I walk around the office. Busy at work and busy carbo-loading. I haven’t run anything harder than a progression run in 6 weeks. Who knows where it will all add up on Sunday?

I’m not really concerning myself with the weather at this point – and definitely not to this extent - but when it’s a local race, it’s hard to avoid the forecast. Last weekend I did spend some time putting my summer clothes away and breaking out my fall/winter stuff – so that’s a good sign.

I was wondering this morning; Is it better to have a hot day and be really fit (like Gma’s 2007) or have a cool day but not be as fit (like this year’s TCM seems to be turning out)? I guess I’ll find out soon enough.

In Team USA Minnesota news, Carrie has updated her journal and Josh has written an introductory piece. Also, Matt Gabrielson has received some nice press recently with THIS Down the Backstretch interview and THIS Star Tribune article.

Quote of the day;

“The stars will not align perfectly very often if ever, and you have to be prepared for a number of different scenarios. This is especially so in the marathon. If I lay everything on the line that day I will be satisfied.” – Matt Gabrielson

1 comment:

Kel said...

Have a great race on Sunday!