Friday, April 29, 2005

A FEW LINKS

Not much to report today – just an easy 5 miles – so I thought I’d throw out a couple of links on running.

Registration for the Twin Cities Marathon kicked off last night with a mile race in downtown Minneapolis. I didn't run this race, but here are the results. Keep in mind that the TCM usually fills within 1.5 to 2 weeks. So if you're thinking about running, sign up sooner rather than later.

Here’s the link to a 5-part series on Kenyan running by Scott Douglas. It’s been posted on numerous sites, so maybe many of you have already seen it. But I think it's worth posting here too.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask what the going rate is for a quality 10K around the country? I believe the race I'm doing tomorrow started out at $24 or $25. I paid $29 and I think race day registration is like $32. All of these rates seems REALLY high to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why you should move back to Wisconsin. Cheaper races and less tree huggers (excepting Madison).

Chad said...

Less tree huggers in Wisconsin than Minnesota? Come on...

The races might be cheaper, but you guys don't have the competition. If I moved back, I might actually bring home some hardware.