Saturday, April 16, 2005

PROOF THAT THINGS COME IN 3s

My 4 year old and I signed up for a “building buddies” class yesterday at our church. So instead of running 13 miles with my team, I was building a birdhouse. We were supposed to nail the birdhouse together, but the first nail split the wood. From then on we proceeded to just glue ours. It actually worked out really well. It took awhile to let the glue dry after each step. However, after watching frustrated fathers bend nail after nail, I knew we choice the right way.

I was hoping to get in a run after lunch but it kept raining and raining, so the rest of the afternoon was all about TV and popcorn with the family. I figured the Twins baseball game was being re-broadcast at night, so I’d just run on the treadmill and watch that.

I can’t remember the last time I saw anything dealing with arm wrestling. Today I saw 3 arm wrestling matches on TV. I flipped to ESPN to see what was on and they had the left-handed, heavy weight championship match on. We can’t get them to show any running races, but they have arm wrestling on their main station. Then we watched Princess Diaries and Julie Andrews arm-wrestled a machine at an arcade. Finally, Lizzie McGuire arm-wrestled a boy in her class. So there you have it, more proof that things do happen in 3s.

I did manage to get on the treadmill at 7:30. I decided to switch today’s 13 with tomorrow’s 10, since tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day. I just kept the pace easy and finished in just under 80 minutes. For the week I ended up with 62 miles.



No comments: