Wednesday, April 13, 2005

NO WONDER

Just an easy 6 miles this morning. This seems like the first Wednesday morning in a long time where I’ve been able to run in the morning after running hard the previous evening. Somewhere along the line I started sleeping in and running on the treadmill in the evening. Losing an hour of sleep to Day Lights Savings didn’t help either.

No wonder, I just looked in my log and it’s been 4 weeks in a row.

I’m really looking forward to tomorrow’s up-tempo run too – for the same reason. 5 of the last 6 weeks I’ve run these on the treadmill. Plus, I’ve decided to run in the opposite direction as I’ve been running my other up-tempo runs because there is a dirt track about 3-4 miles away from where I park. That’ll give me that chance to run 3 or 4 miles on the track and actually figure out what pace I’m running. In the winter I’d turn around after averaging 7:30 pace and then pick it up a little from there. In reality, it felt like I was going a lot harder than 7:30 pace. Hopefully I’ll learn something tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

No comments: