Wednesday, December 28, 2011

TRULY AMAZING

After my last post, I came up with one more unbelievable thing. The Timberwolves are actually fun to watch. At least they were in their first game. Last night was brutal. I was about to get on the Ricky Rubio bandwagon, but I’m going to wait a little bit. While he’s fun to watch in the open court, he’s pretty unspectacular in the half court game.  And his defense needs some work.  But with him, Love, Williams,etc., they could be fun to watch.  I didn't include Beasley in that list because he pouts too much and doesn't pass the ball.


Readers might not know this, but basketball was my true love growing up. I used to love taking my “boom box” to the nearest court and shoot hoops for an hour or two. Even with all that shooting, I was just an average shot. But that’s okay because I enjoyed passing more than scoring. Isiah Thomas was my boyhood idol, so I’d try to mimic my game after him. That may be why I had more turnovers than assist.

I mentioned winning an iPad at the holiday Christmas party. I’m still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles that go with Apple products. It’s truly amazing, but part of me can’t help think of that Seinfeld episode where George is offered Superbowl tickets. While most people would be excited, all George can think about is how much it’s going to cost to fly to the game and get a hotel. He says something like, “This is really a bill for $2,000.” That’s how I feel. In order to tap into this amazing gadget, it’s going to cost some money.

As for running, I forgot to mention that I ran 54 miles last week. That seems about right for this new program at this point in the season. This morning I had another great 10 mile trail run at Hyland Park.

Like a billion other Americans, I’m thinking about trying to lose some weight after the New Year. Typically, when I was racing fit, I had been weighing in around 148 pounds or less. With my recent lack of running, I ended up getting up to 158. I’m now around 156, so I still have 8 pounds to go. Perhaps steady weeks of 50+ MPW will be enough, however, it wouldn’t hurt to watch what I eat and drink a little bit more.

Quote of the Day;

“It’s easy, once you get rolling, to keep doing more and more. The momentum just builds. But before long you get compulsive about it and start thinking that if you miss a workout, you’re going to turn into a pumpkin; or worse – your racing edge is going to disappear. I think that’s a lot of garbage.” – Herm Atkins, 2:11 marathoner


1 comment:

maibam ronaldo singh said...

This article is superb very creative superior work I enjoyed it.
DevOps Training