Tuesday, May 13, 2008

RUNNER'S COOKBOOK FOR SALE

Every once in awhile I come across a simple idea that makes me think, “Why didn’t I think of that.” The most recent case being a book entitled The Runner's Cookbook: Winning Recipes from Some of the World's Best Athletes. It was compiled by Alison Wade who also came up with EliteRunning.com. And although she doesn’t blog as much as she used to, Alison is one of the main reasons I ever started this blog. Anyway, you can order a copy of the cookbook HERE for $14.95 and in the process you’ll be contributing to the Ryan Shay Memorial Fund and the Jenny Crain "Make It Happen" Fund. Just be careful not to pay $8.11 for shipping – instead, use the $3.41 option and your total will be $18.36.

I’ve been super busy at work, so I’ll have to keep this short with just a training update. Saturday’s group run ended up being 14 miles. Afterwards everyone agreed that the pace was quicker than normal. That run gave me 66 miles for the week as I continue to build my base back up.

Sunday and Monday were both trail runs, 11 miles and 10 miles, respectively. Today I took it easy for 6 miles.

Quote of the day;

“Where’s the fire?” – Terry Stewart after Saturday’s group run

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the publicity!!