Wednesday, March 28, 2007

WEIGHING HEAVILY

I had a lunchtime meetings, so not much time to write. However, something has been weighing heavily on my mind lately, but I keep forgetting to post on it. I really want to know if there’s an uglier logo than the one the NCAA uses? Are you telling me they couldn’t come up with something better than a blue circle with NCAA written in it? Every time I watch a tournament game, that big blue dot annoys me. I guess all the creative students go to vocational schools.

Anyway, I’m happy to report that I’m feeling pretty good. No more pain in my Achilles. My trigger point no longer hurts. My knee is still a little achy, but hopefully that’ll continue to get better as my other aches disappear.

I thought about getting in a hill workout yesterday, but since I slept in that pretty much ruled that out. Instead, I decided on some tempo work last night. I’ve been doing some longer (7-8 miles) runs at marathon pace lately. Last night I thought I’d mix it up a little with shorter reps, but faster. I was planning 3 x 2 miles with a couple of minutes rest in-between. I hit the first one in 6:15 pace and then took a 2:30 rest. I think I let the pace of the second one get a little too quick. I started breathing pretty hard for a tempo, so I backed off a little toward the end, again finishing in 6:15 pace. 2:15 rest wasn’t enough, as I was struggling with the third rep. I decided to call it a workout after a mile in 6:17. Throw in a couple mile cooldown and I got in 10 miles for the day.

This morning I ran an easy 6 mile recovery run in the rain – so much for 80 and sunny.

Quote of the day;

“There’ll be two buses leaving the hotel for the ballpark tomorrow. The 2 PM bus will be for those of you who need a little extra work. The empty bus will leave at 5 PM.” – Dave Bristol

No comments: