Wednesday, March 07, 2007

IN MY DREAMS

Last night I had a dream that Katie McGregor and I were hanging out. It was a typical dream in the sense that I didn't remember the whole thing when I woke up and what I did remember didn't really make sense. For example, it was like Katie was making an appearance somewhere and we were chatting backstage. Then all the sudden I was at my daughter's birthday party and her and her friends were lining up to have their picture taken with Katie. After getting the girls lined up, I went to get Katie. By the time we got back into the room, the girls were outside playing soccer. I guess they thought that was more important than a photo op with one of the country's best female distance runners.

Then there was the part where Katie was disappointed because she wanted to run an 8K in about 25:00 but she ran "too hard" and finished in 24:30. Note: Katie's PR is 25:36.

Speaking of Katie, you can find her new journal entry here. And if you ever wondered what elite athletes think of their competitors, check out Carrie Tollefson's journal here.

As for training, I jumped on the treadmill last night for some up-tempo work. I ended up running 10 miles, including 7 miles at 6:43 pace (or about what I'm calling marathon pace). While my legs didn't have a ton of zip, I'm starting to feel "normal" after being sick 2 weeks ago.

Today I decided to just run a single 8 mile run, instead of two 5 mile runs - not because singles are better than doubles or anything "scientific". It's because that second run in the evening doesn't allow for anything other than putting the girls to bed, running and putting myself to bed. I have two projects I'm working on and if I don't make any progress in the next few evenings, I may get "fired".

One week into March and I'm at 83 miles. I'll take it.

Quote of the day;

“Things turn out the best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.” – Daniel Considine

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Thanks for the journal links. I am pro-Carrie T. 83 miles so far!?! Sweet. Always fun to stop back here after a hiatus.