Sunday, October 08, 2006

TCM PHOTOS

If Katie McGregor weren't so damn fast, maybe this would have turned out.

Here are the leaders around mile 16.


Actually, I think this photo of Marla Runyan is one of the best I took - but it's still pretty bright.

I had to at least try and get a photo of Sara Wells. You can tell I was on the wrong side of the road.

This is an example of the shade/sun mix I was talking about. I actually kind of like this one because while Laurie is trucking up the hill, the guy behind her is walking and looking at his watch. He's probably "doing the math" and figuring any chance of sub-3 just went out the window.

3 comments:

Love2Run said...

Good stuff, real pictures to critique. There's not much you can do about the lighting when the sun is high like this except to try to not shoot into the sun.

For me the key is always composition and trying to fill the picture with your subject and not have distracting background. Thats why I like the McGregor and Runyan shots. I also like to have shots where you are at about a 45 deg angle with the runners coming right at you. A zoom lens helps alot here.

Have a look at Evans photos that you linked to. These are great shots compostion wise and quality is good, fast shutter I'm sure.

Chad said...

Mike, "cropping" definitely helps when it comes to filling the picture and distracting background.

Anyway, I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

Walking at mile 21 is no fun, but you are so, so accurate about what the guy behind Laurie is thinking!