Friday, December 09, 2005

BAD NEWS, GOOD NEWS

I planned on running with Scott this morning. Since we usually go shorter, but faster than my normal runs, I was going to double up with another run this afternoon. However, last night Scott called and said he couldn’t make it. Just in case you need some help - that’s the bad news.

Tonight is my company’s Christmas party, so I took this afternoon off in order to get ready (and burn some more vacation). The good news is that I was able to get my long run in this afternoon. After I got off at noon, I drove to Lake Harriet to start my run. I basically ran from mile 6 to mile 13 (around Lake Harriet, down the Minnehaha Parkway and around Lake Nokomis) of the Twin Cities Marathon course and back. I ended up running 2:07 and called it 15 miles. That’s a mile further than my last long run. I had thoughts of going 16 miles, but decided to keep increasing the long runs gradually. Besides, I don’t want to be too tired for tonight’s party.

No comments: