Wednesday, February 21, 2007

WE MADE IT

I decided to take the day off from work today. Looking back, I should have taken yesterday off from work. If I wasn’t sneezing, I was coughing. If I wasn’t coughing I was blowing my nose. I felt bad for my co-workers. I did manage to sneak out of work an hour early and get a little rest.

I was smart enough to put a zero in the logbook yesterday. No sense stressing the body, even with an easy run, when it’s crying out for rest. Since I’m feeling better, I ventured out for 8 miles today. I had thoughts of running 11 miles but, not surprising, my energy level is down. So I cut the run short.

While I was low on energy, the weather (40 degrees, partly sunny) helped alleviate my lack of energy. It was one of those days where you think to yourself, “We made it. We survived another winter.” Sure we could get snow dumped on us – as early as this weekend – but with each passing day the chances of more sub-zero temps continues to diminish. Besides, any snow we get probably won’t hang around too long.

Alright, enough about my sickness and the weather. Go checkout this Katie McGregor interview. Hmm, I guess there's no reason for me to interview her now - at least for awhile.

Quote of the day;

“It makes it a lot harder to make teams when so many women are running well but it also helps us because we are able to push each other. We are all really motivating each other.” – Katie McGregor

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Chad,

Part of living in Minnesota is getting your hopes up. I lived in Duluth for 10 yrs and learned to scoff at 40 degree days in February. That usually meant a late March/early April snowstorm. Nature has a way of balancing things out. I'll still enjoy my run tonight though.

PR

Chad said...

Hey Patrick,

Thanks for stopping by. I didn't realize you had a blog too. Good stuff.

I'm sure we'll get hit with snow, but hopefully the long, cold stretches are done for this winter.

MB said...

good luck with that cold bout, my recent one lasted 11+days! yuck