Thursday, May 18, 2006

IT NEVER ENDS

I took yesterday off, since I was feeling a little beat up from the hills. I still feel stiff in the mornings, but once I loosened up this morning, I felt better. That doesn’t mean there won’t be any pain when I try to run tonight, but hopefully it’ll mean less pain.

Right now I’m planning on running a 30k on May 27th. Being 3 weeks prior to Grandma’s, that “race” will determine whether or not I decide to toe the line on June 17th.

Thanks to “The Bear” for emailing me this great Bob Kennedy interview. He talks about his perfect races, what he did to take it to the "next level," what the U.S. needs to do to be more competitive, etc. It’s a good read. Today’s quote of the day will give you a sneak-peek of the interview.

Under the category of “I’m famous” check out the correction.

That’s it for today. Hopefully the Kennedy interview will give you something to do at work today.

Quote of the day:
“It really is more than a full time job. I’ve described it to people in the past and you know it really is a 24 hour a day job, 7 days a week, 12 months a year. Everything that you do (or don’t do) has some effect, positive or negative, on your training and as a result your competition. It is not just showing up to practice in high school or college or to your training sessions after that and doing the work out and then being done. There’s food; there’s sleep; there’s massage, ice baths; there’s core strength and flexibility. All that, and that’s 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Saturday, Sunday…it never ends. It is a huge, huge commitment if you are going to train at that highest level.” – Bob Kennedy

No comments: