Wednesday, October 12, 2005

CLARIFICATION

I managed to sneak out at lunch for a nice, average 5 mile run which took 39:20 - roughly 7:50 pace. Now that I’ve decided to take a break after Saturday, I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. There’s nothing to worry about, no paces or miles to hit. I just ran. I’m thinking if I take tomorrow off and go easy on Friday that maybe another week will be enough time off. However, I’m not going to set a date, I’m going to play it by ear and lace them up again when I feel ready.

After reading dgc’s comment yesterday, I realized I didn’t make it clear that I already have Neil Young’s new album and I didn’t mention that I love it. Will is the writer, so I thought his “Holy Christ, is it good.” pretty much summed it up. If you go to the "new album" link above and click on the song titles, you can hear them for yourself.

About the only time I listen to my CDs is at work. Somewhere along the line I got in the habit of playing my new CDs over and over and over while I work. As soon as it ends, I hit “play” again. I figure it’s more of a background noise than actually listening to the CD.

No comments: