Friday, January 06, 2006

"WHATEVER IT TAKES"

After getting into a nice Friday morning running groove with Scott, we haven't run together since before the holidays. This week we hooked up again for a quicker than normal (for me) morning run. I'm not sure if I'm fitter than the last time we ran together or if we slowed the pace down, but this morning's 55 minutes didn't see too hard. Throw in a mile with Bailey and I'll call it 8 for the day. That gives me 70 for the first 6 days of the week.

A couple of days ago I said I'd do "whatever it takes" to get in 90 miles for the week. Well after back-to-back double days of 15 miles and today's 8 miler (and a recent long run of "only" 16.5 miles), it looks like I'm going to be a little short. Sure I could double again tonight if my sole goal was to get to 90 miles. However, I'd rather rest up a little and bump my long run to 18 miles tomorrow. That'd give me 88 for the week, which would a new all-time high. If I feel good on Sunday I could get in 12 miles (doubtful since it's the start of a cutback week) and that'd get me 90 for a 7-day stretch.

No comments: