Sunday, January 01, 2006

DECEMBER AND 2005 RECAP

December was a great month for me. I finished with 316 miles, which ties for my 2nd highest month ever (323 is my best). My previous high for December was last year’s 276 miles. For the month I ran 29 days (32 times) and x-c skied 4 times. Of my 2 days off from running, I skied once and took 1 day completely off.

I ended 2005 with 2,793 miles, again my highest year ever. Last year I had 2,754 miles. I also had my fewest days off during the year, 57 – down from last year’s 63 days off. While it’s nice to set a calendar year-PR for mileage, I was a long way from my 12-month PR. From June 2004 thru May 2005 I totaled 3,120 miles.

In any case, the miles don’t really mean anything if I don’t race well and I don’t think I raced well after May. Hopefully I learned a lot and I’ll be able to apply that to my training in 2006. If nothing else, the consistent mileage, year over year, will help with long-term development. Right now I feel stronger than at any point in 2005, so that’s a good sign.

2 comments:

brent said...

pretty crazy mileage there man, good stuff.

Chad said...

Thanks Brent, it's all relative.