Thursday, May 12, 2005

GOOD SLEEPING WEATHER

Sleeping is about all this weather is good for, that and maybe growing grass. That is if grass grows when it’s 36 freakin’ degrees – at noon – in mid-May. Since I slept in I decided to hit the treadmill at work over lunch. It wasn’t so much the rain that kept me from going outside as it was the temp and the winds. I just did an easy 5 mile on the treadmill prior to tonight’s hard workout. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I’ll have to be on the ‘mill for that run too since my wife will be gone.

While I was running and watching the weather forecast, I remembered that I’ve run one race in each month, Feb-May this year. The race in February had, by far, the nicest weather of the four races. Remember, I’m in Minnesota!!!

They finally posted the results from last weekend’s race. Jim finished 9th in 2:12:28, and 81 year old Lloyd ran 2:57:43 (roughly 9:30 pace). I believe that’s an age group record by nearly 30 minutes. The guy (Mark) in 3rd has now passed me late in my last 3 races. He starts out very easy and then reels people in. I felt better after talking to him. He’s running Grandma’s too and is shooting for 2:52. Frank who finished in 6th was in 4th for about 16 miles. I was about to concede defeat to him and then all the sudden he started walking. I think he turned around and saw Mark and me behind him and it “freaked him out.”

Here’s a random thought I had recently. When you let kids put on their own shoes, 95% of the time, they put them on the wrong feet.

No comments: