Saturday, May 21, 2005

FULL DAY OF RUNNING

Since I’ve had some Achilles problems in the past, I decided to take yesterday off. Today I planned my run around a local 5k that I wanted to watch. It’s an out-and-back course along the River Road and it’s a unique in that the men and women have separate start times. I ran for 90 minutes along the Mississippi River before heading out onto the race course where I was able to watch the women finishing up. I looped back to the start and talked with Eric and Jim a little then jogged out to the mile maker. They both went out a little fast (around 5:30 and 5:50). Eric ended up running 18:15, Jim ran 19:09. 81-year old Lloyd “Forever” Young ran 25:37. I knew this was a smaller event, but was a little surprise by the “slow” winning time of 19:28 for women, while only 2 guys broke 16.

I ended up running just under 2 hours and calling it 15 miles. For the week I finished with 67 miles on 6 runs.

This evening I went to the Minnesota Distance Invitational. Unfortunately, it was way too windy for any really fast times. But it was still great to see most of these local athletes compete. Results can be found here. And some of the best track and field photos I’ve ever seen can be seen here.

My wife is hot and I’m very happy and I don’t want this to turn into a letsrun.com “hotness” thread, but is there a hotter team than the Team USA Minnesota women? And is there anyone cuter than Sara Wells?

No comments: