Thursday, May 05, 2005

BLAH

I had my alarm set for 5 AM today. Bailey woke me up at 4:55, “asking” to be fed. Yes, that’s normal behavior. I decided to crawl back into bed after feeding her, figuring I could run tonight. Screw “living like a clock” I never should have mentioned it in my blog. However, by 5:05 I was wide awake. I decided to get up and get my run in - that way I can veg-out tonight to Survivor and CSI.

It was a pretty uneventful run. In fact, I felt pretty “blah” the whole way (8 miles). For the second day in a row my left hamstring felt tight. It didn’t seem to bother me too much though. I even threw in some strides at the end because I haven’t done any for over a week.

I’ve been at my “new” job about 8 month now. My last cube was decorated with a bunch of running posters, but I haven’t gotten around to decorating this cube. Last night I saw I poster from last year’s Boston Marathon that I’ve never put up. It’s a nice aerial photo that shows about a quarter mile of the road and it is solid runners. Over the top is a yellow “painted” box with an “inspirational” message from adidas. “Sweat, pain and exhaustion are all temporary. Finishing Boston is forever.” And “Impossible is Nothing.” Both statements have a box with a red check-mark in them.

Okay, that’s probably more than you cared to know. Anyway, I decided to take it to work. When I unrolled it I noticed the same photo on each side. I thought that was really weird. Then I looked closer and saw (in very small, “ghosted” font) the names of everyone that had registered for the race. It took two sides to list everyone, that’s why they needed the image on both sides. Now, thinking back, I remember they did this in 2002 too. However, that year the background was mostly a solid color so it showed up better. Looking at it a year after the race, I’m sure it lost some of its “excitement.”

No comments: