Wednesday, May 25, 2005

EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE

Every once in awhile I have a run where the only thing I can think about is food. Today I ran a VERY easy 5 miles just before lunch. About 2 miles into the run I was starving and thinking about the taco salads they were serving for lunch. I’m sure it doesn’t help that all I had after last night’s run was some Endurox and a bowl of cereal. I know. I need to do a better job of re-fueling, especially after a hard workout. But there wasn’t anything in the house that I found appetizing.

This morning a tanker truck, carrying pesticides, blew up
on the road I take to work. So my 40-45 minute commute turned out to be an 80 minute commute. At first I was sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic on a different highway. Then I decided to take the “back roads.” It probably wasn’t any faster, but I drove along Minnehaha Parkway and around Lake Harriet and Lake Calhoun. It beat the stop and go of the highway.

No comments: