Wednesday, May 18, 2005

1 MONTH

Grandma’s marathon is 1 month from today. It’s coming fast. After 3 nice weeks at the beginning of April, the weather has been shitty for the last 4 or 5 weeks. Noreen said it best last night. She checked the weather before practice and saw it was 66 and mostly sunny. She didn’t believe it and had to double check.

This morning’s run was an easy 6 with some strides. It started in light sprinkles but included 2 bouts of absolute downpours. I figure with the rain, sleet, wind and cold conditions I’ve trained in lately, the only weather I won’t be prepared for is hot, humid and/or sunny.

She’s only 4, but I don’t think I’ll have to “worry” about Kinsey becoming a triathlete. Tonight during dinner we told her we signed her up for swimming lessons this summer. She had a total meltdown that lasted 5-10 minutes. Now she knows how her dad feels about swimming. Actually, I think she was just really tired and that she’ll love it once she starts.

No comments: