Wednesday, February 03, 2010

WHERE'S WALDO

I know yesterday’s post has everyone shopping for x-c skis. However, let me point out that it’s not all rosy. For as awesome as yesterday’s ski was, this morning’s sucked. The temps dropped over night to about 0 degrees and my skis have zero glide this morning. I made it about 10 minutes before calling it a day. Workout-wise it’s not a big deal because I have a run planned for tonight. It just sucks to wake up at 5:00 only to not workout. Sleeping for an extra hour would have been more beneficial to my training that that “workout”.

I should mention that things came together yesterday after work. On the drive home I was contemplating whether or not I’d get a run in. Those things are easy to plan when I’m wide awake, but then by 8 PM, I’m half asleep and I talk myself out of it. Well yesterday I got out of work on-time, there wasn’t any traffic, and the kids were busy playing with friends. So I was able to jump on the treadmill for an easy 5 miles before dinner. Sweet!

Finally, here’s a photo I found on Facebook. Can anyone find me?

Quote of the day;

“There’s a great advantage in training under unfavorable conditions.” – Emil Zatopek

3 comments:

MissAllycat said...

Easy! Front row, far left.

Am I right??

Julie said...

Hi Chad,
Oh I love this type of stuff but it is to hard to see the faces:( I love the picture! I will wait for the big reveal!

Brian O said...

Allycat's right -- you're doing your best Cal Ripken impression with the O's jersey on. At any rate, was that an All-Star picture, what with all of the different team jerseys?