Friday, April 13, 2007

TIMING IS EVERYTHING

Interesting timing last night; I jumped on the treadmill for 10 miles while watching the Twins game. I finished the run around the 8th inning, which left just enough time to get in some strength work. I finished that just as league MVP Justin Moreau was hitting a walk-off home run. Nice.

I’m still debating whether or not I’ll run that 20K tomorrow. I imagine it’ll be a “game day” decision – probably based on the weather (i.e. wind). The race isn’t till 9, so I could wake up at 6, check the weather and still have time to drive the hour to Rochester.

Not much else is going on. I came across a Jason Lehmkuhle interview yesterday. I also noticed that Andrew Carlson updated his journal a few days ago, along with a bunch of the Team Running USA athletes.

Quote of the day;

“You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.” – James A. Froude

4 comments:

mg said...

Just FYI if you do decide to run the 20K tomorrow, the start/finish has moved and that big hill is now within the first mile. The rest of the new course looks pretty flat, though. I'm skipping this year, but good luck if you decide to run!

Anonymous said...

Zeker,

What's this I'm reading about all the other stuff to compliment the running? Maybe you need to check it out to be sure, but let me tell you, it's a waste of time. You run that much it takes care of all the other incidentals.

Dress (5 minutes), run (1-2 hours), shower (10 minutes). Do twice two days a week. Fill rest of time w/ family, work and baseball. Sneak in beer occasionally.

brent said...

-Morneau-

Chad said...

Double, this time around it's more about "lifestyle" than just to compliment the running. Eating healthy and having a strong core has to be good for you.